TO CONTACT DR. NICK FOR SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS: email@example.com
Dr. Nick Yiannios is the founder of the Center for Neural Occlusion (the CNO), a teaching institution designed to improve diagnostics, improve efficacy of treatment, and take the guesswork out of solving bite and TMD problems via the usage of objective and reproducible digital metrics. Dr. Nick (with the help of his highly diversified CNO Board of Advisors consisting of various experts in the occlusal and TMJ/D related fields) has created a curriculum unlike any other in existence, and has also created a database whereby patients who have followed his work online may find like-minded professionals who understand and follow the CNO “Neural Occlusion” protocols through a database listing on the CNO website. Much of the didactic and clinical training regarding the CNO happens in his state-of-the-art facility in Rogers, Arkansas. The CNO’s mandate is to teach health professionals to provide their patients with scientifically validated and efficacious clinical diagnostic and treatment practices based upon objective digital technologies, such as MRI, CBCT, JVA, Tscan, Digital Mastication Analysis, Jaw Tracking kinesiology, and EMG. Our goal is to remove dogmatic and unproven treatment philosophies from a dentist or physicians repertoire regarding TMD treatment, thereby bringing the science back into the equation, so that all of our patients might at long last be presented with an accurate listing of their unique differential diagnoses. Most doctors treating TMD do not diagnose properly, but instead proceed directly to dogmatic treatments based upon unmeasured diagnostic protocols. The patients are each unique individuals with their own set of unique problems and they deserve better! The CNO motto is “Measured Matters” in regards to all things occlusion and TMD. In other words, if a health professional can measure an event reproducibly and objectively, the dynamic CNO will incorporate said research and/or clinical practice into the curriculum for others to learn. If one cannot measure objectively and reproduce an event reproducibly and objectively, the CNO will not incorporate and disseminate this information to those doctors following the CNO’s lead, thereby protecting the patients from harm. Dr. Nick works closely with Dr. Mark Piper, the world famous TMJ surgeon, lecturer, researcher and founder of the Piper Education & Research Center (PERC) in St. Petersburg, Florida. Dr. Nick regularly utilizes MRI and CBCT imaging to facilitate proper diagnoses prior to treatment implementation, closely following Dr. Piper’s measurement centric “Piper classification of the TMJ’s”. To those interested in learning more about the CNO, visit CNOtmj.com, and remember, “Diagnosis always precedes responsible treatment!”
Dr. Nick’s Recent Scientific Literature Publications:
- Yiannios, N. (2020). The Occlusal, Neurological, and Orthopedic Origins and Implications of the Hypersensitive Dentition. In Handbook of Research on Clinical Applications of Computerized Occlusal Analysis in Dental Medicine (pp. 699-828). 2nd Ed. Hershey, PA: IGI Global. doi:10.4018/978-1-5225-9254-9
- Yiannios, N., Coleman, T., & Radke, J., (2019). Digitally Measured Anterior Guidance Development Reduces Cold-Water and Air Indexing Tooth Hypersensitivity. Advanced Dental Technologies & Techniques, June 2019, Vol. 1, No. 2.
- Yiannios, N., Radke, J., Sutter, B., & Kerstein, R. (2018). TMJ Vibration Changes Following Immediate Complete Anterior Guidance Development. Advanced Dental Technologies & Techniques, 5018.
- Yiannios, N., Kerstein, R. B., Radke, J., Sutter, B. (2017). TMJ Vibration Changes Following Immediate Complete Anterior Guidance Development. CRANIO: The Journal of Craniomandibular & Sleep Practice, submitted for publication.
- Yiannios, N., Kerstein, R. B., & Radke, J. (2016). Treatment of frictional dental hypersensitivity (FDH) with computer-guided occlusal adjustments. CRANIO®, 1-11.
- Yiannios, N. (2015). Occlusal Considerations in the Hypersensitive Dentition. In Handbook of Research on Computerized Occlusal Analysis Technology Applications in Dental Medicine (pp. 358-428). IGI Global.
Dr. Nick’s Recent Lectures:
- July 2020: Tekscan webinar regarding FDH with prosthodontist Dr. Robert Kerstein; Zoom/Fb Live. Archived on the T-Scan Fb page: https://www.facebook.com/DentalOcclusion/videos/636621820285451/
- April 2020: Neural Occlusion Screening (NOS) with TMJ Surgeon Dr. Edward Zebovitz (within the CNOSS)
- April 2020: FDH & Dental Allodynias (within the CNOSS)
- April 2020: Organizer of the 2020 CNO Scientific Symposium (the CNOSS); 7 specialists, 3 general practitioners, 1 engineer, & 1 CEREC CDT = the 25 hour long, ADA-CERP amenable online CNOSS, available at: https://cnotmj.com/2020-cnoss-information/
- October 24-26, 2019. CNO3, “Neural Occlusion Screening & 3D Imaging”, with oral surgeon Dr. Ed Zebovitz and engineer Mr. John Radke in Rogers, Arkansas, at CNO world HQ.
- October 4-5, 2019. “Measured Occlusion, Hypersensitive Teeth & Allodynias”. T-Scan 6th Annual Users Conference. Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- June 7-8, 2019: CNO1, “A Digitally Measured Anterior Guidance Leads to a Predictable Occlusion”. Rogers, Arkansas, CNO HQ.
- February 15, 2019. “CNO Read”, presented at the request of the leaders of a large group of oral & maxillofacial radiologists (Beam Readers®: around 40 radiologists) via online webinar. Purpose: to explain the novel approach that Dr. Nick’s CNO is proffering re the usage of the diagnostic and treatment implications that TMJ MRI and CBCT imaging have upon occlusal and TMD patient management.
- November 2-3, 2018. CNO1. “A Timed Anterior Guidance Leads to a Predictable Occlusion.” Rogers, AR. CNO HQ.
- September 27-29, 2018. “FDH and Neural Occlusion Screening & 3D Imaging”, with oral surgeon Dr. Edward Zebovizt. Rogers, Arkansas.
- May 18, 2018. “Neural Occlusion Screening – 22nd Century Dental Medicine”. Cornerstone Endodontics 20th Anniversary CE Symposium. Kansas City, Missour.
- May 4-5, 2018: “A Timed Anterior Guidance Leads to a Predictable Occlusion”. Rogers, Arkansas
- February 23-24, 2018: “A Timed Anterior Guidance Leads to a Predictable Occlusion”. Rogers, Arkansas
- January 30, 2018. Vumedi webinar. “Measured Matters for Occlusion and TMD”, with Drs. Mark A. Piper and Joel Terry Alford
- January 13, 2018. “TMJ Foundations.” Rogers, Arkansas; CNO world headquarters
- November 14, 2017. “A Measured Anterior Guidance Yields a Predictable Occlusion”. Kansas City, KS.
- November 11, 2017. “Incorporating Measured Occlusal & TMJ Status into Predictable CAD/CAM Dentistry”. FINACAD conference, Turku, Finland.
- October 27-28, 2017: CNO1- “A Timed Anterior Guidance Leads to a Predictable Occlusion”. Rogers, Arkansas, at CNO world headquarters.”
- October 19, 2017: “Neural Occlusion Screening, FDH, & MAGD”. Tucson, Arizona, alongside Dr. Mark Piper MD, DMD at the Piper Education & Research Center Annual Study Club Summit. Dr. Piper and I spoke on topics relating to autonomic sympathetic inputs and their implications for dental medicine
- September 21-23, 2017: CNO3- “Neural Occlusion Screening & 3D Imaging”. Rogers, Arkansas; CNO world Headquarters
- July 14, 2017: Bioresearch Annual Conference, “Neural Occlusion Screening”. Marquette University, Wisconsin
- June 23-24, 2017: CNO1 – “A Timed Anterior Guidance Leads to a Predictable Occlusion”. Rogers, Arkansas; CNO world headquarters.
- June 3, 2017: Mississippi Dental Association Annual Conference, “ Neural Occlusion Screening & Frictional Dental Hypersensitivity”. Perdido Beach, Alabama
- March 10-11, 2017: CNO1 – “A Timed Anterior Guidance Leads to a Predictable Occlusion”. Rogers, Arkansas; CNO world headquarters
- July 14, 2016: Bioresearch Annual Conference, “Neural Occlusion Screening & DTR”. Marquette University, Wisconsin
- June 5, 2015: Bioresearch Annual Conference, “DTR Therapy”, alongside Dr. Robert Kerstein. Marquette University, Wisconsin
OFFICES RECENTLY HELD
- Founder, Center for Neural Occlusion (CNO). July 2015 – present
- Editorial Board Member, Academy of Minimally Invasive Cosmetic Dentistry (MICD), 2012 – 2015
- Voting Board Member ACCD (Academy of CAD/CAM Dentistry), 2009 – 2011
- Accreditation Committee ACCD, 2009 – 2011