Patients travel from literally all over the globe to see Dr. Yiannios. Why? Primarily because of his precise and meticulous attention to detail is known to promote two things: Health and Beauty.
- Mercury safe dentistry: traditional amalgam fillings contain mercury. Few dentists employ any measures to protect the patient from the toxic mercury vapors released when old “silver amalgam” fillings are removed, which happens many times daily in a typical dental practice. We always take measures to protect the patient, our staff, and our environment from these toxic byproducts, and always use beautiful, non-mercury containing restorative materials. Patients travel hundreds of miles to see us for mercury free and mercury SAFE dental services.
- CEREC® CAD/CAM technology: virtually designed and robotically milled on-site beautiful porcelain crowns/veneers/onlay/inlays; Dr. Nick has a decades experience with this esthetic, minimally invasive, and unbelievably accurate robotic technology. He is one of 6 dentists to have ever earned peer-reviewed accreditation in the Academy of CAD/CAM Dentistry, a lofty credential that few were ever able to obtain. Additionally, many thousands of CEREC restorations later, Dr. Nick can produce more beautiful and more accurate restorations, the same day, than other dentists who rely upon outside dental laboratories can only dream of. Resultant of this, patients travel from afar for his expertise in same day, metal free, all-ceramic restoration fabrication.
- Sensitive teeth: Dr. Nick recently published a chapter in a 1st edition, internationally published dental textbook describing a protocol to essentially “cure” sensitive teeth. For years, he has been involved in cutting edge treatments for “TMJ” pain, and in applying hi-tech instrumentation to provide lasting relief for “TMJ” sufferers; he discovered a novel way to predictably and statistically decrease dental hypersensitivity in a lasting manner!
- Digital bite analysis and TMD: temporomandibular disorder affects an estimated 20 million in the U.S. alone. Chronic pain after dental work, braces, and traumatic accidents can often be traced to a defective bite and/or damage to the temporomandibular joints (TMJ’s). The implications of this TMD subject are pertinent to the normal practice of general dentistry, as Dr. Nick is aware of slight intricacies that can be introduced via normal dental work that can become problematic, and he knows how to prevent this from ever happening! Nick has been applying novel techniques and principles to effectively resolve these sorts of issues for years now, and has a large number of patients flying in monthly to see him from literally everywhere. Using objective technologies and 3D imaging including CT and MRI for many of these cases, he is highly sought after in regards to lecturing, teaching, and writing about this subject.
- Cosmetic/esthetic dentistry: as it relates to beautiful, and healthy smiles! Dr. Nick is a few steps away from earning the coveted Accreditation credential from the Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD). He is working on becoming the first dentist who has ever completed this credentialing process without the help of outside dental laboratories (all the rest have delegated the porcelain work out to laboratories), but rather with chairside CEREC® CAD/CAM technology for creation of the perfect porcelain works of art that must be created for the AACD credential!
- Digital Bite Analysis: getting the bite right! Dr. Nick is heavily involved in using the T-Scan® digital bite analysis technology to ensure that his dental work is in a proper place in space relative to each given patients unique bite. The T-Scan is used routinely in the practice, with little reliance given to the old analog bite ribbon and the famous question asked of the patient after dental work (while they are still numb), “…so how does it feel?”. T-Scan eliminates guesswork, leading to more predictable and painless dental outcomes.
- Headaches: and their relation to dental medicine. Dr. Nick has been involved in research linking headaches in the temple region to the dental bite, and is internationally respected for his work in treating and identifying the relationship between the two.
- Minimally invasive dentistry: cutting away less is more! Common sense dictates that the more of nature left in place, the better. Everything that we do in our practice promotes the retention of more of what mother nature gave us, regardless of the extra time and effort that such a policy might entail (and believe me, it does require more work to remove less)!
Dr. Nick has a strong presence on the web, including hundreds of live patient case studies relating to many of the above aforementioned topics. On YouTube his channel is: drnickdds.
Dr. Nick has published in a dental textbook relating to hi-tech research relating to the human bite:
Dr. Nick Yiannios – A Mercury SAFE Dentist
- Fellow & Accredited Member, The Academy of CAD/CAM Dentistry
- Member, International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
- Member, International Association of Mercury Free Dentists
- Accreditation Candidate, the Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- 1993 Graduate The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio Dental School
Sample Video of an international patient seeking Dr. Nick’s help: